Super Eagle Awards
Each homeroom teacher nominates two outstanding students at the end of each quarter. The two students must exemplify the GLOs and TRIBES agreements. These students are recognized with a certificate at the quarterly Super Eagle Assembly.
Congratulations to our outstanding students!
Tribes is a philosophy of building a community of learners by including everyone. The Tribes process establishes a caring environment for cooperative learning and positive interaction for all groups. A Tribes community functions under four basic agreements:
1. Mutual Respect
- Affirming the value and uniqueness of each person and offering feedback that encourages growth.
- "Treat others the way you would like to be treated."
2. Attentive Listening
- Paying closer attention to the ideas, opinions, and feelings of one another.
- "Listen with your eyes, ears, and heart."
3. Appreciation / No Put Downs
- Treating others kindly and avoiding name-calling, or negative/hurtful gestures or words.
- "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all."
4. Right to Pass / Right to Participate
- Everyone has the right to have their voice heard and to choose when and to what extent he/she will participate in group activities. This does NOT apply to schoolwork and tests.
- "It is your choice to participate and share."
5. Safety First
- Safety is a priority when it comes to creating a conducive environment to the students' learning.
- "Always watch out for yourself and others."
GENERAL LEARNER OUTCOMES
The General Learner Outcomes are embedded throughout the day to ensure that all students and staff demonstrate that they are caring, responsible and contributing citizens.
1. Self-directed Learner
- The ability to be responsible for one's own learning
- "I can be responsible for my own learning."
2. Community Contributor
- The understanding that it is essential for human beings to work together.
- "I can responsibly and respectfully participate in my group."
3. Complex Thinker
- The ability to demonstrate critical thinking and problem solving.
- "I can use the 7 thinking dispositions."
4. Quality Producer
- The ability to recognize and produce quality performance and quality products.
- "I can self-assess to do quality work."
5. Effective Communicator
- The ability to communicate effectively.
- "I can share my ideas clearly in many ways."
6. Effective and Ethical User of Technology
- The ability to use a variety of technologies effectively and ethically.
- "I can use technology to discover and to share my learning."